If you are a foreigner living in Indonesia, the question of whether your partner can visit you in Indonesia with a tourist visa may be on your mind. The good news is that your partner can indeed come to visit you with a tourist visa in Indonesia.
However, there are specific prerequisites they must fulfill to make this possible.
Requirements for a Spousal Tourist Visa in Indonesia
For your spouse to be eligible for a tourist visa to Indonesia, they need to:
- Be a citizen of a country that qualifies for a tourist visa to Indonesia.
- Possess a valid passport with an expiration date that’s at least 6 months beyond their intended stay in Indonesia.
- Hold a return or onward ticket indicating their plans after their visit to Indonesia.
- Have adequate funds to cover their expenses during their time in Indonesia.
- Obtain a letter of invitation from you, confirming your spousal relationship and your sponsorship for their visit to Indonesia.
How to Apply for a Spousal Tourist Visa in Indonesia
The application process for a tourist visa in Indonesia involves the following steps:
- Your spouse should apply for the tourist visa at an Indonesian embassy or consulate located in their home country. (or you can chat with us for a simpler application!)
- The specific procedures for the application might differ based on the particular embassy or consulate they are applying through.
Also read: Can I Work Remotely on a Tourist Visa?
For the application, your spouse needs to submit the following documents:
- A valid passport
- A duly completed visa application form
- A recent passport-sized photograph
- A detailed travel itinerary
- Evidence of financial capacity, like bank statements or credit card statements
- The letter of invitation from you, affirming your role as their spouse and your sponsorship for their visit to Indonesia.
Processing Time and Duration of a Spousal Tourist Visa in Indonesia
Anticipate a processing time of about 3-5 working days for the tourist visa application. Once granted, the tourist visa is valid for a duration of 60 days.
Can My Spouse Work or Study in Indonesia on a Tourist Visa?
Regrettably, a tourist visa doesn’t grant the privilege of working or studying in Indonesia. Should your spouse have plans to engage in either of these activities, they would have to explore different visa options that cater to their specific intentions.
For foreigner living in Indonesia, the prospect of reuniting with their spouses in Indonesia through a tourist visa is indeed feasible. However, adhering to the aforementioned prerequisites is crucial. For more comprehensive information on tourist visas within Indonesia, you can refer to the official website of the Indonesian Immigration Office.
If you have any further questions, do not hesitate to contact us for a FREE consultation!