Indonesia is a breathtaking destination that attracts tourists from around the world. If you’re planning a trip to this tropical paradise, understanding the visa requirements is crucial. One of the visa options available for eligible travelers is the Visa on Arrival (VoA).
In this article, we will explore the regulations, countries eligible for Visa on Arrival, the list of airports that issue Visa on Arrival, requirements, and how to extend your visa if needed.
Indonesia Visa on Arrival Regulation
The VoA in Indonesia is governed by specific regulations. It allows eligible travelers to enter and stay in Indonesia for a maximum of 30 days. However, this visa cannot be extended beyond the initial 30-day period. It is essential to note that the VoA is not suitable for employment purposes or long-term stays.
Which Countries can Get Visa on Arrival in Indonesia?
Travelers from various countries can obtain a VoA upon their arrival in Indonesia. The list of countries eligible for Visa on Arrival includes:
- South Africa
- United States
- Saudi Arabia
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Czech Republic
- Hong Kong
- United Kingdom
- South Korea
- Myanmar (Burma)
- San Marino
- New Zealand
- East Timor
- United Arab Emirates
- Vatican City
The list has been updated based on the new regulations for Indonesia’s visa-free and visa on arrival policies in June 2023.
List of Airports in Indonesia that Issue VoA
If you plan to enter Indonesia using the VoA, you can do so at the following airports:
- Soekarno-Hatta International Airport – Jakarta
- Ngurah Rai International Airport – Denpasar, Bali
- Juanda International Airport – Surabaya
- Kualanamu International Airport – Medan
- Hang Nadim International Airport – Batam
- Adisucipto International Airport – Yogyakarta
- Sultan Hasanuddin International Airport – Makassar
(These are just a few examples, and there are more airports in Indonesia that issue Visa on Arrival.)
Indonesia Visa on Arrival Requirements
To obtain a Visa on Arrival in Indonesia, you will need the following:
- A valid passport with a minimum validity of six months beyond your intended stay.
- A return or onward ticket.
- Proof of sufficient funds to cover your expenses during your stay (equivalent to at least USD 1,000).
- A completed arrival/departure card, which will be provided during your flight or at the port of entry.
How to Get Visa on Arrival in Indonesia?
Getting a Visa on Arrival in Indonesia involves a straightforward process. Upon arrival at the designated airports, proceed to the Visa on Arrival counter before passing through immigration. Fill out the required forms, pay the visa fee (USD 35 at the time of writing), and receive your visa sticker, which will be placed in your passport. Remember to keep your visa and arrival/departure card safe throughout your stay in Indonesia.
For a smooth and hassle-free Visa on Arrival application, consider utilizing the services of InvestInAsia. We can guide you through the process and provide expert assistance. To apply for your Indonesia Visa on Arrival, check our package here: Indonesia Visa Application.
How to Extend Visa on Arrival in Indonesia?
If you wish to extend your stay in Indonesia beyond the initial 30-day period granted by the Visa on Arrival, you can visit the local immigration office. Submit the required documents, pay the extension fee, and follow the process as instructed by the immigration authorities. It is important to start the Indonesia visa on arrival extension process well before your visa expires to avoid any complications. (read the details in How to Extend Visa on Arrival in Indonesia?)
In conclusion, the Visa on Arrival is a convenient option for eligible travelers visiting Indonesia. Familiarize yourself with the regulations, check if your country is eligible, and ensure you have the necessary documents before your trip. For assistance with your application, reach out to InvestInAsia. We are ready to help you navigate the process and make your journey to Indonesia a memorable one.
Have questions about the Indonesia Visa on Arrival 2023? Chat with us now!
You may also check the details about Indonesia visa for specific countries:
- Indonesia Visa for US Citizens
- Indonesia Visa for Australian Citizens
- Indonesia Visa for Canadian Citizens
- Indonesia Visa for UK Citizens
- Indonesia Visa for Hong Kong Citizens
- Indonesia Visa for New Zealand Citizens
- Indonesia Visa for Japanese Citizens
- Indonesia Visa for Singapore Citizens
- Indonesia Visa for Malaysian
- Indonesia Visa for Netherlands Citizens
- Indonesia Visa for Spanish
- Indonesia Visa for South Korean
- Indonesia Visa for Filipino Citizens
- Visa for Indonesia from South Africa