If you find yourself in Indonesia and wish to extend your stay, understanding the visa extension process is essential. In this article, we will explore the regulations and how to extend Indonesian visa. Whether you have a Visa on Arrival, Single Entry Business Visa, B-211 Visa, or a KITAS/KITAP, we will provide you with the necessary information to navigate the Indonesia visa extension process smoothly.
Before going any further about extending Indonesian visa, you may check the details about what will happen if you overstay visa in Indonesia.
Can You Extend an Indonesia Visa?
The ability to extend your visa in Indonesia depends on the type of visa you hold. Not all visas are eligible for extension. Here are the types of visas that can typically be extended:
Visa on Arrival (VoA)
The VoA allows a maximum stay of 30 days in Indonesia. you can extend VoA Indonesia for an additional 30 days.
Single Entry Business Visa
This visa is issued for business purposes and allows a maximum stay of 60 days. It can be extended for up to 30 days.
This visa is for social-cultural visits, family reunions, or religious activities. It can be extended for longer periods based on specific requirements.
These are long-term stay permits for residence purposes. The extension process for KITAS/KITAP is more complex and requires additional documentation and sponsorship.
General Requirements for an Indonesia Visa Extension
While specific requirements may vary based on the type of visa you hold, here are the general requirements for a visa extension in Indonesia:
Your passport must be valid for at least six months beyond your intended stay in Indonesia.
Completed Application Form
Fill out the visa extension application form accurately and completely.
Proof of Financial Means
Provide evidence of sufficient funds to cover your expenses during the extended period.
Proof of Accommodation
Submit documentation, such as hotel bookings or rental agreements, to demonstrate your accommodation arrangements.
Departure Flight Itinerary
Present a confirmed flight itinerary showing your departure from Indonesia.
Extending a 30-Day Visa on Arrival
To extend a Visa on Arrival in Indonesia, follow these steps:
- Visit Immigration Office: Within seven days before your current visa expires, visit the nearest immigration office in Indonesia.
- Complete Application: Fill out the visa extension application form provided at the immigration office.
- Pay Extension Fee: Pay the visa extension fee, which may vary depending on the length of the extension.
- Obtain New Visa: Once your application is processed, you will receive a new visa with an extended validity period. (Also read: How to Check Visa Status and Validity in Indonesia?)
To simplify the extension process, you can rely on our services to extend your visa on arrival in Indonesia.
Also read: How to Extend Visa on Arrival in Indonesia?
Extending an Indonesian Single Entry Business Visa
To extend a Single Entry Business Visa in Indonesia, follow these steps:
- Visit Immigration Office: Before your visa expires, visit the nearest immigration office in Indonesia.
- Prepare Required Documents: Bring all necessary documents, including a completed visa extension application form, passport, and supporting documents.
- Pay Extension Fee: Pay the visa extension fee at the immigration office.
- Attend Interview: You may be required to attend an interview to explain the purpose of your extended stay.
- Obtain New Visa: After the application is approved, you will be issued a new visa with an extended validity period.
How to Extend a B-211 Visa Indonesia
Extending a B-211 Visa in Indonesia follows a similar process to other visa extensions. However, the requirements and extension periods may vary. It is advisable to consult with the immigration office for specific guidelines and procedures.
Extending a KITAS or KITAP in Indonesia
Extending a KITAS or KITAP in Indonesia involves a more complex process. The requirements and procedures differ based on individual circumstances. It is recommended to consult with an immigration specialist or agency to ensure compliance with the regulations and assistance throughout the extension process.
Extending your visa in Indonesia allows you to prolong your stay and continue exploring this beautiful country. By understanding the regulations and following the correct procedures, you can smoothly navigate the visa extension process.
Whether you hold a Visa on Arrival, Single Entry Business Visa, B-211 Visa, or a KITAS/KITAP, make sure to adhere to the requirements and consult with immigration experts or professional visa services like Investinasia for guidance and assistance. You can simplify your Indonesia visa extension process with InvestinAsia’s professional Indonesia visa services.
Need assistance with your Indonesia visa extension? Chat with our experts now for personalized support and reliable visa services.
You may also check the details about Indonesia visa for specific countries:
- Indonesia Visa for US Citizens
- Indonesia Visa for Australian Citizens
- Indonesia Visa for Canadian Citizens
- Indonesia Visa for UK Citizens
- Indonesia Visa for Hong Kong Citizens
- Indonesia Visa for New Zealand Citizens
- Indonesia Visa for Japanese Citizens
- Indonesia Visa for Singapore Citizens
- Indonesia Visa for Malaysian
- Indonesia Visa for Netherlands Citizens
- Indonesia Visa for Spanish
- Indonesia Visa for South Korean
- Indonesia Visa for Filipino Citizens
- Visa for Indonesia from South Africa