When it comes to traveling to the exotic and vibrant destination of Indonesia from New Zealand, there are several factors to consider. From choosing the best time to visit to understanding visa requirements, navigating transportation options, and exploring the top attractions, this guide will provide you with all the essential information you need to plan a memorable journey to Indonesia from NZ.
Also read: Can I Go to Indonesia without a Visa?
Can New Zealand Citizens Travel to Indonesia?
Yes, New Zealand citizens can travel to Indonesia. Notably, Indonesia extends a warm welcome to New Zealanders by offering them a Visa on Arrival (VOA) option, making the travel process relatively straightforward.
Indonesia Travel Requirements for New Zealand Citizens
Before embarking on your Indonesian adventure, it’s essential to be well-informed about the travel prerequisites. Below is a comprehensive checklist for New Zealand citizens planning a trip to Indonesia:
Valid New Zealand Passport
Ensure that your New Zealand passport is valid for at least six months from the date of your intended arrival in Indonesia.
Visa on Arrival (VOA)
Upon arriving in Indonesia, you can conveniently obtain a Visa on Arrival (VOA) at the airport. The VOA grants you a 30-day stay in Indonesia, providing ample time to explore its wonders.
Proof of Return or Onward Travel
Be prepared with evidence of your return or onward travel plans, such as a booked flight ticket or a boarding pass.
Proof of Sufficient Funds
Make sure to carry proof of sufficient funds for your journey. This could include a credit card statement or bank statement to demonstrate your financial capability while in Indonesia.
Completed Customs Declaration Form
Accurately and comprehensively fill out the Customs Declaration form to facilitate a smooth entry into Indonesia.
Also read: Indonesia Visa for New Zealand Citizens
Visa and Passport Requirements
New Zealand citizens are fortunate to enjoy the convenience of obtaining a Visa on Arrival in Indonesia, sparing them the complexities of a prior visa application. Here’s a quick recap of the key documents to remember:
- A valid New Zealand passport with a minimum of six months validity from your intended date of arrival in Indonesia.
- Proof of return or onward travel, which can be demonstrated through a booked flight ticket.
- Proof of sufficient funds to cover your expenses during your stay, supported by a credit card statement or bank statement.
- A completed Customs Declaration form for a hassle-free entry into Indonesia.
It’s important to note that if your Indonesian adventure extends beyond the 30-day Visa on Arrival limit, you will need to apply for a visa in advance. It is advisable to conduct thorough research and initiate the visa application process well in advance to ensure a seamless and enjoyable trip.
If you are looking for assistance with the Indonesia visa application, you can rely to InvestinAsia’s visa services.
We have a group of professionals ready to provide you with assistance for the following:
- Indonesia business visa application
- Indonesia tourist visa application
- Indonesia work visa / KITAS application
- Indonesia investor visa / KITAS application
- Indonesia spouse visa application
- Indonesia dependent visa application
- Visa on Arrival extension in Indonesia
- Indonesia KITAP application
How to Travel to Indonesia from New Zealand
There are two main ways to travel to Indonesia from New Zealand: by air or by sea.
There are several airlines that offer direct flights from New Zealand to Indonesia, including Air New Zealand, Garuda Indonesia, and Batik Air. Flights typically depart from Auckland Airport and arrive at Denpasar International Airport (DPS) in Bali, Soekarno–Hatta International Airport (CGK) in Jakarta, or Juanda International Airport (SUB) in Surabaya. The duration of the flight is roughly 9 hours.
Other airlines that offer flights to Indonesia from New Zealand include Singapore Airlines, Malaysia Airlines, and Qantas. These airlines typically offer connecting flights via their hubs in Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, and Sydney, respectively.
There are no direct ferry services from New Zealand to Indonesia. However, you can take a ferry from New Zealand to Australia and then fly or take a ferry from Australia to Indonesia.
Tips for Traveling to Indonesia from New Zealand
Here are some tips for traveling to Indonesia:
- Book your flights and accommodation in advance, especially if you are traveling during peak season.
- Consider acquiring travel insurance to safeguard against unforeseen circumstances.
- Pack for hot and humid weather.
- Bring a sun hat, sunscreen, insect repellent, and a hat.
- Be respectful of local customs and traditions.
- Learn a few basic Indonesian phrases.
Traveling to Indonesia from New Zealand is relatively easy. With a little planning, you can have a wonderful and unforgettable trip.
If you have any additional inquiries, please feel free to initiate a chat with us!